816-12 Adjustable Length Lanyards with 3/4" Steel Ladder Hook
- Brand: Yates
- Product Code: 816-12 Adjustable Length Lanyard
- Availability: Pre-Order
816-12 Adjustable Length Lanyards. w/6-12ft. Free Fall Potential 3/4" Steel Ladder Hook
Single leg lanyard are made from heavy duty 1 inch, 9800 lbf. webbing, adjustable from 4.5-6 foot length. Available with aluminum or steel ladder hooks. This allows for the worker to safely connect at foot level. Ideal for transmission tower and wind turbine workers.
Yates Gear has developed "State-of-the-art" technology in shock absorbing tear tapes.
Past generation tear tapes all required a structural backup webbing following the tear tapes to accomplish the 22kN (5,000 lbf) ANSI requiresd ultimate strength. YATES latest technology has incorperated Dyneema® fibers into the core of the tear tape webbing so that a back up webbing is no longer required. This results in a loss of bulk in the shock pack of approximately 50%.
The Standard 6 foot lanyards that Yates is now producing with this new Dyneema® fiber tear tape is quite unique. It passes both 6 ft Free Fall(Factor 1) and 12 Ft Free Fall(Factor 2) criteria. The 6/12 tear tapes start activation at 900 lbf. average activation, then half way threw the deployment diatance it ramps up to 1,350 lbf for a maximum deployment distance of 60". We have replaced the steel D-Ring connector between the shock pack and lanyard legs with a forged 2" aluminum O ring. The new tear tape system will reduce total lanyard weight by slightly over one half of a pound.
• Maximum free fall distance allowed 6 and 12 feet. Full activation of lanyard extendes absorber an additional 48 to 60 inches.
• New snap hooks located on shock absorber and legs meet 3600 lbf. (15kN) side load gate strength requirements of ANSI Z359.12-2009 standard.
• UL Certified to meet ANSI/ASSE Z359.12-2009 and ANSI/ASSE Z359.13-2013 standards
• Meets AS/NSZ 1891.1 Compliance